Saturday, November 7, 2009

A Prayer Of Strength.

Unpublished Works, © 1982, BillyPauleyJr.*

A Prayer Of Strength.

Dear God,
I need you now,
I need your loving arms,
To sweep down and grab the plow,
For all the earth around me,
Has hardened into stone,
What once was a comfort,
Has now cut to the bone,
I haven’t a single penny,
To offer to your church,
The only thing I have for you,
Is a soul that has been hurt,
But God you know my goodness,
Has always been enough,
But how do I prove that to,
The lady that I love,
God I need some answers,
I need something fast,
How can I be beautiful,
With such an ugly past,
Nothing would mean more to me,
Than to simply call my own,
The love, honor and faithfulness,
That comes from our home,
But my pride has been to ridicule,
What slaves are to a sinner,
A sharp curtailing to the end,
For such a young beginner,
If I am to sow a seed,
Should I take a chance,
Or should I wisely choose my crop,
And ask it of your hand,
I know whatever comes to me,
Will be within your will,
The tho’t alone does comfort me,
And holds my spirit still,
Dear God, I thank you for the strength,
To turn this earth about,
And last, don’t dare let me forget,
To thank you for the plow.

- WillyToad*

… this is a Smokey the Toad™ production.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Announcing...

Denny's Night? by DonnaDrake*

Release date: 09-02-09; currently unavailable.



Collections of WillyToad*

Release date: 11-10-09; currently unavailable.



101 of the Best Signatures of WillyToad*

Release date: 12-02-09; currently unavailable.



MO-23; Mile 13. by Drake*

Release date: 12-09-09; The New Flesh

http://newfleshmagazine.blogspot.com/



The Family Tree

(And Other Wild Life). by DonnaDrake*

Release date: 03-10-10; delayed, new pub-date soon.



The Houston Years of WillyToad*

Release date: 04-06-10; currently unavailable.



What's Left of WillyToad*

Release date: 05-04-10; currently unavailable.



Fearless Wings

(the sequel to Denny's Night?). by DonnaDrake*

Release date: 06-01-10; delayed: 06-01-11.



Working Class H3r0

(Works for John Ono Lennon). by WillyToad*

Release date: 10-10-10; currently unavailable.




Duty Calls (WillyToad Cares); Thank You Pennsylvania! by WillyToad*

Release date: 09-11-2011.