Thursday, October 29, 2009

(Sittin' Out) Slow Dance.

Unpublished Works, © 1982, BillyPauleyJr.*

(Sittin' Out) Slow Dance.

I know life has its bad times,
It’s the uncertainty of it all that gets me down,
The wheel of life is half made up of sad times,
It’s amazing just how fast it spins around,

Maybe I’m chancing it,
Dancing with a stranger like you,
You may step on my toes,
And not care if you do,

I really need to win,
But I’m so afraid to lose,

It’s time for me to step out of the spotlight,
It’s time for me to find a new romance,
I found you and I think that you are just right,
But I’d like to sit it out until the slow dance,
Yes, I’d like to sit it out until the slow dance,

I know love is bitter in my mind now,
And I’ve misunderstood from beginning to end,
I tho’t pretending was better than constant doubt,
And I always tho’t I’d receive if I’d send,

Maybe I’m rushing it,
Touching with a stranger like you,
You may hurt me bad,
And not care if you do,

I’m so afraid to win,
But I really don’t need to lose,

It’s time for me to step out of the hot lights,
It’s time for me and you and our romance,
Yeah, I found you and you seem like you’d be alright,
But I’d like to sit it out until the slow dance,
Yes, I’d like to sit it out until the slow dance.

- WillyToad*

… this is a Smokey the Toad™ production.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Announcing...

Denny's Night? by DonnaDrake*

Release date: 09-02-09; currently unavailable.



Collections of WillyToad*

Release date: 11-10-09; currently unavailable.



101 of the Best Signatures of WillyToad*

Release date: 12-02-09; currently unavailable.



MO-23; Mile 13. by Drake*

Release date: 12-09-09; The New Flesh

http://newfleshmagazine.blogspot.com/



The Family Tree

(And Other Wild Life). by DonnaDrake*

Release date: 03-10-10; delayed, new pub-date soon.



The Houston Years of WillyToad*

Release date: 04-06-10; currently unavailable.



What's Left of WillyToad*

Release date: 05-04-10; currently unavailable.



Fearless Wings

(the sequel to Denny's Night?). by DonnaDrake*

Release date: 06-01-10; delayed: 06-01-11.



Working Class H3r0

(Works for John Ono Lennon). by WillyToad*

Release date: 10-10-10; currently unavailable.




Duty Calls (WillyToad Cares); Thank You Pennsylvania! by WillyToad*

Release date: 09-11-2011.