Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter Sunday.

Unpublished Works, © 2002, BillyPauleyJr.*

Easter Sunday.

It’s Sunday,
Easter Sunday,
Quietly in our bed,
There is rain there on our window,
And peace inside my head,
There’s warmth inside my soul,
Where an ice storm used to be,
There’s a silent conversation there,
Between God and me,

“Listen,” He said, “to my lesson,
The meaning in this day”,
Salvation is my promise,
Sacrifice the way”,

I smiled,
A simple smile,
And felt my heart grow warm,
Inside the sun began to shine,
And break my inner storm,
I prayed for God to help me,
Not falter in my quest,
And to remember, sometimes,
The answer won’t be “yes”,

“Listen,” He said, “to my lesson,
The meaning in this day”,
Salvation is my promise,
Sacrifice the way”,

And so I do,
I miss you,
With my very heart,
But God has His Almighty plan,
And sacrifice... your part.

- WillyToad*

… this is a Smokey the Toad™ production.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Announcing...

Denny's Night? by DonnaDrake*

Release date: 09-02-09; currently unavailable.



Collections of WillyToad*

Release date: 11-10-09; currently unavailable.



101 of the Best Signatures of WillyToad*

Release date: 12-02-09; currently unavailable.



MO-23; Mile 13. by Drake*

Release date: 12-09-09; The New Flesh

http://newfleshmagazine.blogspot.com/



The Family Tree

(And Other Wild Life). by DonnaDrake*

Release date: 03-10-10; delayed, new pub-date soon.



The Houston Years of WillyToad*

Release date: 04-06-10; currently unavailable.



What's Left of WillyToad*

Release date: 05-04-10; currently unavailable.



Fearless Wings

(the sequel to Denny's Night?). by DonnaDrake*

Release date: 06-01-10; delayed: 06-01-11.



Working Class H3r0

(Works for John Ono Lennon). by WillyToad*

Release date: 10-10-10; currently unavailable.




Duty Calls (WillyToad Cares); Thank You Pennsylvania! by WillyToad*

Release date: 09-11-2011.