Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Once Upon A Time In Love.

Unpublished Works, © 1981, BillyPauleyJr.*

Once Upon A Time In Love.

I had a love, a love that could last,
A love that could last forever,
But like paper dolls in the wind it unfolded fast,
When I reached to save it, it tore right in half,
And I realized then that I never had,
A love that could last forever,

Then I felt hurt, o’ man, I felt hurt,
A hurt I’d call brokenhearted,
Then I stood alone on the planet Earth,
And wondered if another soul in the universe,
Had ever felt that same emotional hurt,
A hurt they’d call brokenhearted,

I felt something new, something different and new,
A feeling I couldn’t describe,
I felt like a child with nothing to do,
Like the toys were all broken and my friends had the flu,
An empty and lonely and a lost feeling too,
A feeling I still can’t describe,

Then I was fine, I was totally fine,
The guilt and the hurt was gone,
And like the dog that conquered the flea,
I’m much happier now than I used to be,
I can live now without that bug biting me,
Yeah, the guilt and the hurt was gone,

Now I need a love, a love that can last,
A love that can last forever,
Not something in the future that’s just part of my past,
Not a kamikaze love destined to crash,
But an ultimate fantasy love that will last,
A love that will last forever.

- WillyToad*

… this is a Smokey the Toad™ production.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Announcing...

Denny's Night? by DonnaDrake*

Release date: 09-02-09; currently unavailable.



Collections of WillyToad*

Release date: 11-10-09; currently unavailable.



101 of the Best Signatures of WillyToad*

Release date: 12-02-09; currently unavailable.



MO-23; Mile 13. by Drake*

Release date: 12-09-09; The New Flesh

http://newfleshmagazine.blogspot.com/



The Family Tree

(And Other Wild Life). by DonnaDrake*

Release date: 03-10-10; delayed, new pub-date soon.



The Houston Years of WillyToad*

Release date: 04-06-10; currently unavailable.



What's Left of WillyToad*

Release date: 05-04-10; currently unavailable.



Fearless Wings

(the sequel to Denny's Night?). by DonnaDrake*

Release date: 06-01-10; delayed: 06-01-11.



Working Class H3r0

(Works for John Ono Lennon). by WillyToad*

Release date: 10-10-10; currently unavailable.




Duty Calls (WillyToad Cares); Thank You Pennsylvania! by WillyToad*

Release date: 09-11-2011.