Thursday, August 13, 2009

The Addiction.

Unpublished Works, © 1981, BillyPauleyJr.*

The Addiction.

I met a young man and he told me his name,
He asked me how I had been feelin’ that day,
I didn’t answer and he knew right away,
That I was down, down, down,

He said you’re lonely I can easily tell,
Your actions do show your tho’ts very well,
You know you can escape from all of this hell,
I asked him how, how, how,

He said just, o’ just be happy with me,
Just sit back and take it easy,
Don’t be worried ‘bout reality,
No, just be happy with me,

Then he gave me some of what he was doin’,
And I tho’t I was destined to ruin,
But after a while I began to smile,
I was high, high, high,

I read a paper that said don’t do this drug,
‘Cos if you do then you will die very young,
Then I wondered ‘bout my friendly advice,
Was it right, right, right,

When he said just, o’ just be happy with me,
Just sit back and take it easy,
Don’t be worried ‘bout reality,
O’, just be happy with me,

I met a young man and I told him my name,
I asked him how he had been feelin’ that day,
He didn’t answer and I knew right away,
That he was down, down, down,

I said you’re lonely I can easily tell,
Your actions do show your tho’ts very well,
You know you can escape from all of this hell,
He asked me how, how, how?

-WillyToad*

… this is a Smokey the Toad™ production.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Announcing...

Denny's Night? by DonnaDrake*

Release date: 09-02-09; currently unavailable.



Collections of WillyToad*

Release date: 11-10-09; currently unavailable.



101 of the Best Signatures of WillyToad*

Release date: 12-02-09; currently unavailable.



MO-23; Mile 13. by Drake*

Release date: 12-09-09; The New Flesh

http://newfleshmagazine.blogspot.com/



The Family Tree

(And Other Wild Life). by DonnaDrake*

Release date: 03-10-10; delayed, new pub-date soon.



The Houston Years of WillyToad*

Release date: 04-06-10; currently unavailable.



What's Left of WillyToad*

Release date: 05-04-10; currently unavailable.



Fearless Wings

(the sequel to Denny's Night?). by DonnaDrake*

Release date: 06-01-10; delayed: 06-01-11.



Working Class H3r0

(Works for John Ono Lennon). by WillyToad*

Release date: 10-10-10; currently unavailable.




Duty Calls (WillyToad Cares); Thank You Pennsylvania! by WillyToad*

Release date: 09-11-2011.