Sunday, June 27, 2010

Mickey.

Unpublished Works, © 1979, BillyPauleyJr.*

Mickey.

At the San Diego airport my plane is leavin’ the ground,
It’s ten a.m. and I’m Michigan bound,
I woke up this morning to find my Mickey was gone,
What did I do to be treated so wrong,
No marriage, for us, was first in our minds,
But our love grew so strong we found ourselves in a bind,
Now the pressure has found her and it sent her away,
I’ve gotta go find her to see what I can say,

I wanna go to Michigan,
I wanna see my Mickey again,
And when I finally see her,
I wanna tell her I love her,

Then in the cold northern air,
The pilot says we’re almost there,
I can feel the plane as it slowly descends,
I can feel my broken heart beginning to mend,
Then on the wing there is a crack and a flash,
And someone screams out, we’re going to crash,
In my hospital room the nurse says, you’ll be okay,
And I said wait a minute I’ve got something to say,

I wanna go to Michigan,
I wanna see Mickey again,
And when I finally see her,
I wanna tell her I love her,

The nurse in a blur comes over to me,
And I said, I’ll never again see my pretty Mickey,
I’ve gotta get myself to Michigan,
If nothing else I wanna see her again,
The nurse slowly turns and walks away,
As she turns back again I see the fears on her face,
And suddenly I realize who I’m talking to,
As Mickey runs over and says, I love you, too,

I finally made it to Michigan,
And I just saw my Mickey again,
And she says she loves me, too,
Goodbye, Mickey, I love you.

- WillyToad*

… this is a Smokey the Toad™ production

No comments:

Post a Comment


Announcing...

Denny's Night? by DonnaDrake*

Release date: 09-02-09; currently unavailable.



Collections of WillyToad*

Release date: 11-10-09; currently unavailable.



101 of the Best Signatures of WillyToad*

Release date: 12-02-09; currently unavailable.



MO-23; Mile 13. by Drake*

Release date: 12-09-09; The New Flesh

http://newfleshmagazine.blogspot.com/



The Family Tree

(And Other Wild Life). by DonnaDrake*

Release date: 03-10-10; delayed, new pub-date soon.



The Houston Years of WillyToad*

Release date: 04-06-10; currently unavailable.



What's Left of WillyToad*

Release date: 05-04-10; currently unavailable.



Fearless Wings

(the sequel to Denny's Night?). by DonnaDrake*

Release date: 06-01-10; delayed: 06-01-11.



Working Class H3r0

(Works for John Ono Lennon). by WillyToad*

Release date: 10-10-10; currently unavailable.




Duty Calls (WillyToad Cares); Thank You Pennsylvania! by WillyToad*

Release date: 09-11-2011.