Sunday, March 14, 2010

Jennifer, The Baby And Me.

Unpublished Works, © 1980, BillyPauleyJr.*

Jennifer, The Baby And Me.

Jennifer and I,
Called the doctor last night,
‘Cos the baby was on the way,
There were happy tears,
And queasy fears,
And an awful lot of things to say,
I stood alone,
By the pay telephone,
Waiting to call the world,
When the nurse came in,
With a beautiful grin,
And told me about my little girl,
Then everyone came,
With the perfect name,
To name my little girl,

Why don’t you call her Betty,
Or Kathy or Sue or Jan,
Why don’t you name her Debbie,
Or Tina or Jill or Pam,
And I said I’ll name her anything,
Her Mommy wants me to,
Doctor, how’s she feeling now,
Can we have her point of view,

Then he said,
As he bowed his head,
I’m sorry, but I did my best,
And I’m sorry to say,
It was too much strain,
So she gave herself up to death,
Then tears I shed,
‘Til my eyelids bled,
And my senses came back to me,
And thru’ a window pane,
I saw the only remains,
Of Jennifer’s love for me,
And everyone stared,
As if they cared,
To comfort the baby and me,

Why don’t you call her Betty,
Or Kathy or Sue or Jan,
Why don’t you name her Debbie,
Or Tina or Jill or Pam,
And I said I’ll name her anything,
Her Mommy would’ve wanted me to,
But the doctor said her mommy’s dead,
So we can’t have her point of view,

And she can’t help me name her,
So I’ll name her what I want,
And I think I’ll name her Jennifer,
‘Cos that’s a name that I’ve grown to love.

- WillyToad*

… this is a Smokey the Toad™ production.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Announcing...

Denny's Night? by DonnaDrake*

Release date: 09-02-09; currently unavailable.



Collections of WillyToad*

Release date: 11-10-09; currently unavailable.



101 of the Best Signatures of WillyToad*

Release date: 12-02-09; currently unavailable.



MO-23; Mile 13. by Drake*

Release date: 12-09-09; The New Flesh

http://newfleshmagazine.blogspot.com/



The Family Tree

(And Other Wild Life). by DonnaDrake*

Release date: 03-10-10; delayed, new pub-date soon.



The Houston Years of WillyToad*

Release date: 04-06-10; currently unavailable.



What's Left of WillyToad*

Release date: 05-04-10; currently unavailable.



Fearless Wings

(the sequel to Denny's Night?). by DonnaDrake*

Release date: 06-01-10; delayed: 06-01-11.



Working Class H3r0

(Works for John Ono Lennon). by WillyToad*

Release date: 10-10-10; currently unavailable.




Duty Calls (WillyToad Cares); Thank You Pennsylvania! by WillyToad*

Release date: 09-11-2011.