Saturday, February 20, 2010

One Year Gone.

Unpublished Works, © 1981, Bill Pauley Jr.*

from "Working Class H3R0 (works for John Ono Lennon)"

One Year Gone.

One year gone,
The legend lives on,
And he will live forever,
For the things that he has done,

I was sorry when I heard the news,
I didn't know what to do,
So like a baby, like a spoiled, rotten child,
I got so mad I had to cry,
I got so mad I had to cry,

John, dear John... o', John,
How long will this pain linger on,
And how long will God replace our saints,
With satisfaction for those of us who ain't,

I'm not one to see things wrong,
I do my best to get along,
But sometimes, a lot of things sometimes,
I don't want them to belong,
I don't want them to belong,

And wanting isn't wrong,
It's the disappointment that really doesn't belong,

John, o', John... dear John,
How long must this pain linger on,
And how long will God keep replacing our saints,
With the satisfied minds of those who ain't,

And I believe that you believed in all you wrote about,
But John, imagine there no heaven now,

O', for the things that he has done,
He will live forever,
And so... the legend lives on,
One year gone.

- WillyToad*

… this is a Smokey the Toad™ production.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Announcing...

Denny's Night? by DonnaDrake*

Release date: 09-02-09; currently unavailable.



Collections of WillyToad*

Release date: 11-10-09; currently unavailable.



101 of the Best Signatures of WillyToad*

Release date: 12-02-09; currently unavailable.



MO-23; Mile 13. by Drake*

Release date: 12-09-09; The New Flesh

http://newfleshmagazine.blogspot.com/



The Family Tree

(And Other Wild Life). by DonnaDrake*

Release date: 03-10-10; delayed, new pub-date soon.



The Houston Years of WillyToad*

Release date: 04-06-10; currently unavailable.



What's Left of WillyToad*

Release date: 05-04-10; currently unavailable.



Fearless Wings

(the sequel to Denny's Night?). by DonnaDrake*

Release date: 06-01-10; delayed: 06-01-11.



Working Class H3r0

(Works for John Ono Lennon). by WillyToad*

Release date: 10-10-10; currently unavailable.




Duty Calls (WillyToad Cares); Thank You Pennsylvania! by WillyToad*

Release date: 09-11-2011.